KEY TO TRANSLATION UNIT 3
1. Is there a meeting room available (for) tomorrow?
2. There is not enough paper for the printer. Can you buy some?
3. I was wondering if you could help me with the scanner
Would you mind helping me with the scanner?
Could you possibly help me with the scanner?
4. Tell Mary from R&D that I will be away (on a business trip)
5. Do you think you could e-mail me the presentation?/ Could you possibly send me the presentation by e-mail?
6. Executives always wear suit and (a) tie in important meetings
7. When are you going to Tokyo?
8. Profit is going down (by) 20% this year
9. They told us to (go and) speak with accounts
10. I am responsible for the HHRR department /I am the HHRR manager
11. How much is the ttaxi from Heathrow Airport to Victoria Station?
12. Something is wrong with the photocopier/ The photocopier is not working; could you have a look?